Social media marketing (SMM) is overtaking other modes of marketing due to its increasing reach. SMM can help your company to increase brand awareness and generate new business leads. However, it has often been considered as something that only B2C companies do. This is because most B2B companies don't know how to strike a balance between connecting with the audience and making engaging content. The key to success on social media is to think about the content that your audience wants instead of just advertising your business. If you are doubtful about doing SMM yourself, you must hire someone. Here’s how to hire the right person for SMM.
Once you have your marketing team ready, decide your social media strategy and follow it diligently. A social media strategy refers to defining your goals, selecting ways to measure them and determining you will achieve them. Even though there is no fixed route to becoming a social media sensation, these are a few things that would make SMM effective for B2B companies:
1. Social media has no place for boring content. Your company must have a personality that isn’t like a robot. There should be a personal touch when interacting with your audience.
2. Your profile should communicate with users rather than blindly broadcasting your messages. This will increase your engagement. Pro tip: A moderate amount of humor could work wonders for your engagement rate.
3. While LinkedIn is the most effective B2B social media platform, you should not be restricted to just one social media platform. Research about your target audience and use other platforms like Facebook, Pinterest and more.
4. User-generated content is one of the easiest ways to shine on social media. It is easier for B2C companies; however, B2Bs can also find creative ways to get their audience to post about them on social media platforms through contests, feedback, and other modes.
5. Every healthy business has competitors like you do. You should analyse how your competitors are interacting with their audience and creating their content on social media. Utilise the findings to modify your social marketing strategy.
In order to understand this better, let’s read the following case studies:
It was launched in 2003 and focuses on employment-oriented services. It uses SMM to increase its user base and revenues. One of the best LinkedIn campaigns would be “LinkedIn’s Live with Marketers.” The idea was to design a live talk show by marketers for marketers. They targeted pain points around top-of-the-mind topics such as ROI optimization, driving business and more. These talk shows on social media have shown incredible results. These include the presence of 5,000 live attendees and an increase of 12,000 registrants. It was observed that projected revenue from deals closed was much higher than the traditional webcast. Overall, it was a creative idea to engage the target audience and increase the brand’s reach.
Founded in 2006, this is a developer of inbound marketing sales software. Right from the beginning, they have used social media to grow their sales because they use social media to “get in early” in the sales funnel with their prospects. They reach their prospects before the prospects are even aware that they need or want to buy the product or service. HubSpot helps those prospects through social media and content, and that eventually triggers interest, the need to buy and eventually customer loyalty too.
An example is how HubSpot is always among the first to release the guidebooks that their target group needs. Whenever something changes in online marketing, HubSpot is there to help. The results have been impressive. In 2008, they hit $2.2 million in sales. And in 2012, just 4 years later, they hit $52 million. Today, the company has hit $513 million. Unbelievable, right?
Therefore, B2B social media marketing is important and shouldn’t be taken for granted. You must follow a strategic regime for your social marketing, and you can always hire us to do it for you!